Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Me and Ma Out On The Town

So a couple of months ago, my mom said she wanted to see a Celtic singer - Daniel O'Donnell in concert when he performed here. I had never heard of him but was intrigued because I love Celtic music. (I really think I should have been born Scottish, but oh well, I can dream). I wasn't too keen on going mailny because I knew the average age of the concert goer would be about 85 - BTW I was wrong, it was more like 90.

But I love my mom and she really wanted to go and it wouldn't cost me anything so I said ok. Well, it was quite an experience. O'Donnell and his group are great entertainment. He obviously loves to sing and it shows. He tells jokes and stories and they are all outrageously funny. And then youo have the Irish accent and that always makes everything better. I was pretty surprised when we were looking for our seats and found out we had floor seats. I thought the tickets were very expensive and I didn't buy floor seats because I wasn't spending my money but I really have no memory of purchasing floor seats. But the upside to that is that he cruises around the audience and we were on the end so Mama Bear and I got to shake his hand. And he certainly gives you your bang for your buck. The concert had an intermission and an encore and was just over 3 hours long.

I told Mama Bear last night I wouldn't go again but in the bright light of day, I would. If only because she really enjoys him and I love her. Next time I will pay. They are going to be in Minot in 2010. I have a year to convince her to take a road trip with me. Plus, we went out for dinner first and who doesn't like an excuse to go out for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GayRites.NET

Concrete Calculator