Friday, January 13, 2012

It's Always Something

I bought a brand new truck in July last year. I know, I know, buying a new vehicle is a waste of money, it loses 20% of it's value the moment you drive it off the lot etc. I know, I have heard it all before. And to make it worse, I traded in a vehicle that was costing me nothing other than maintenance because I paid it off 2 years earlier. Having said that, I don't regret my decision to buy new. My main reason, I got tired of dealing with other people's problems. When you buy a used vehicle you are hoping that you can trust the dealer to tell you the truth about the vehicle's history. Car Fox and all that.

Well, the truck is my fourth vehicle and 2 of the 4 have been lemons. My first vehicle was a '93 Corolla (purchased in '96). I loved that car until my buddy turned it into a metal folding tray. Then was the '96 Rav4 (purchased in '99). I yearned for that car. Let's never speak of it again. Then in '05 I bought the '03 Pathfinder. I shouldn't really call the Pathfinder a lemon. It served me well and I did love it but it needed work when I bought it and it needed at least $3500 worth of work and it was only worth $4000 - at the most.

Annyways. I had command start installed in the truck in the fall. It was an ordeal. Well the saga is not yet done. I get in the truck to go out for dinner with my friend whose mother passed away a couple of weeks ago. And it won't start. Just clicking and battery blinking. The weird thing is that I had just had the command start on. So I am debating who can boost me. And then I remember, oh, I bought a battery booster when the Pathfinder was having problems. So I get out to go get it and I am standing by the back door and think, hmm. Let's try the CS. Well it works. So now the vehicle won't start in the traditional key turning way, only with command start. Is that a big deal, I don't know, I hope not. Fortunately, I am going to get my tires rotated in a couple of weeks so I will have the experts deal with it then. Hopefully, it won't cost me an arm and a leg.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GayRites.NET

Concrete Calculator