Friday, July 16, 2010

Day 9 - here by noon

So today I think is the last day. I guess they feel the same way. They didn't bother to show up until noon.

A knock on the door is the owner to let me know about the price for replacing the addition deck.

And the fight is on. I tell him I intend to hold back money for non-productive work days. He gives me excuses about rain and ankles and the weather network. AND threatens to tell the guys to stop and start tearing the roof down.

I tell him all I expected was a call telling me what is going on. He doesn't feel that is necessary. "That is just roofing" he says. Problem. (By the by, and I'm sure it the same for all of you. If I have to be at work on a Thursday and I don't show up and don't phone, I don't get paid.)

Anyway, I tell him fine, whatever, I just want to be done with him and his slack ass band of delinquents. But I want it in writing. There will be no handshake deals since he can't be trusted. He gets on the phone to talk to the wife about writing something up.

I go upstairs to take a quick shower as I anticipate a trip to the bank. I come down 15 minutes later and he is gone (the workers are still here). He is gone home to deal with some personal business - on my f****** time. Nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GayRites.NET

Concrete Calculator