Sunday, July 11, 2010

Day 4 - no new roof

I wake up again today to silence. No one is walking or pounding on my roof. And I lose it. I do notice that there are packages of shingles on my roof but I think they put those there to keep me hanging on for another couple of days. I go over to the guy's house and give it to him with both barrels. Buddy's ankle is still sore. And now it is my fault nothing has been done because I didn't want one of their workers anywhere near my home but of course he is readily available to work.

But they will be here first thing tomorrow. Well great. I go back to work tomorrow - midnights. So if they arrive - yeah right - they will be banging around while I am trying to sleep. The roofers comment to me "isn't there somewhere else you can sleep". Are you kidding me, really. I resist the urge to punch him the throat and just leave.

I am hooped because I gave him half the amount as a deposit because I felt I could trust him. Take a lesson kids. You are only obligated to give 10% to 15% as a deposit. If the company you are dealing with demands more, something is wrong, go with someone else. I don't think buddy has enough money to buy the materials and pay the roofers so he is stringing me along until he can afford to finish the job.

If I had known that at the beginning, I would have paid for the materials myself and just hired them to do the work. Lesson learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GayRites.NET

Concrete Calculator