Friday, September 4, 2009

A Brother Mourned

I found out today that a co-worker died in a dramatic car crash. He was travelling down a divided road and a car turned into his lane. His truck rear ended the car and then he swerved into the other lane and was hit by a semi. I imagine he was dead on impact.

It is so sad. He was only 32. A young guy. He just got married this year. He has an infant child. I know he had a solid group of friends and was very well liked. We weren't close and thinking about it never worked together in the four years I have been there but everyone knows everyone so I am still affected. Especially since in my blog of a few days ago I talked about the very thing that killed him. Stupid people that turn into a lane where a car is already driving when there is not enough time for the person to react. Please people be careful. Wait the 5 seconds for the car to pass.

What is worse is that yesterday was the annual golf tournament of another guy from work who died on the highway on his motorcycle when a senior drifted into his lane and hit him head on. So on the day we honoured a brother who passed away, we are now burying another.

My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends. And to everyone at work who cared about him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GayRites.NET

Concrete Calculator