Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Attempts To Be Frugal Thwarted

I just received a speeding ticket in the mail today. It's one of those speed trap sneaky camera ones. I am not complaining, don't get me wrong. I was going 17 kilometers over the speed limit. I definitely deserved the ticket. I am just upset with myself because I can't control my "road rage" sometimes. I think I can remember exactly when I got the ticket.

It was August 23rd on the way to work. And I vaguely remember thinking ... was that a guy sitting in that truck. I was doing fine. I used to get A LOT of those tickets. Thank goodness they don't count towards your insurance since the officers can't prove who was driving your car. I used to drive fast all the time. But because of ridiculous cost and bad gas mileage, I made a concerted effort to stop being a jackass.

The only problem is when I get angry, I forget all about my pledge to drive slower and safer. And I remember the incident. I was in the left lane and this car waited just about until I was at the intersection he/she was waiting to turn at and then just before I got there, they turned. So I had to hammer on my brakes so as not to rear end this fool. I would have swerved as well but there were parked cars in the right lane. Guess what, then they drove at about 1/2 the speed limit. So this fool almost caused an accident by rushing to blend into traffic and then suddenly the urgency is gone and he/she is driving like the lead car in parade.

When I had the chance I zoomed around this moving hazard and stewed for a couple blocks with my foot firmly on the gas pedal. Aargh $220 wasted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GayRites.NET

Concrete Calculator