Saturday, June 20, 2009

I Need To Try Harder

So last Saturday, the mother of one of my closest friends passed away. She only lived about 3 months after the cancer diagnosis. It has been a sad few months. But for sure, one thing this experience of death and loss is teaching me is that I need to be a better person.

First of all I need to be far more patient with my mom. Over the last few years, I have noticed her slow down considerably. She is moving slower and at times is a little more unsure of herself. I have been impatient with her I guess because I expect the mom of a few years and also because noticing these changes scares and frustrates me.

I bought my mom a Tivo unit for her birthday/mother's day. I wanted her to be able to watch the shows that she likes. Using the VCR was not the best system and I knew I would never be able to teach her how to use a DVR, plus I got a wicked deal. The best part is that if she wants a show recorded, I can set it up online. Easy peasy! There have been some kinks but over all this system works really well. If I let it, the Tivo could be a source of great frustration for me which would result in me being short and crusty to mom, but I am determined not to let it. My mom is 63 and any buddy's mom was 60. Yikes.

RIP

No comments:

Post a Comment

GayRites.NET

Concrete Calculator