Friday, May 1, 2009

EIGHT DAYS OFF, WOO HOO!

Ah the benefits of this new work schedule are being felt today. This is day one of eight days off. I know it feels like a lifetime now but I also know that on the morning of day 9 when I head back to work I will be lamenting about how quickly it went. So I am determined to make use of every moment. My goals for this week are to:

- finish painting my stairs
- cook about a month worth of meals (20 supper and 20 breakfast)
- do some decluttering (who can't say that)
- mow the lawn for the first time, maybe even rake
- fix and insulate door for the addition
- clean out and drywall addition and mudroom

It is ambitious I know but gotta aim high right. I am already ahead of the game, I made a breakfast quiche tonight. Damn I just realized I forgot to add salt and pepper. Oh well, I can add it when I eat it. I will bake it tomorrow and then divide into Dollarama containers to eat in the mornings. I am not a morning person at all and don't get up in time for breakfast so this is perfect. Here is the recipe:

Basic Breakfast Casserole

6 eggs
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups milk
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1 pound ground sausage
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
6 slices bread, broken into small pieces

Spray a 8 x 12 inch pan with non-stick spray. Brown and drain sausage. Mix eggs, milk and mustard in blender or whisk thoroughly. Add sausage, bread and cheese.. Pour in pan and refrigerate overnight. Bake in the morning at 350 degrees until egg is set, about half an hour.

I made some modifications. I had three buns that were a couple of days from going moldy so I used those for the bread and of course I forgot the salt. I also added about 1/2 cup of onions because I think everything should have onions in it. I also added about 1/2 diced Portobello mushrooms and roasted red pepper, just because. I don't really understand the mustard but I used it anyway. I will let you know how it goes.

Seven days left.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GayRites.NET

Concrete Calculator